Are you one of those people, who like me who have a staple “go to” hair style and rarely venture out into new hair territory?
Meet Christina from Hair Romance, where no two hair days are the same! We have some serious follicle envy and spend way too many hours lusting after Christina’s awesome (and achievable) tutorials so we were amazed when Christina agreed to share some of her secrets with us… specifically on how to achieve “Beach Hair” without it looking like a birds nest! We will let Christina do the rest of the talking…
Longing for a bit of 80s retro, I decided to watch Splash last night. Daryl Hannah pulls of that long, crimped-hair look effortlessly – and she’s probably the only one who can.
Still, it got me thinking about the best way to get that beautiful beachy hair that surf chicks just own.
Summer may be over (well, it is here is Australia) but you can still get beach hair any time of year with these style secrets. You don’t have to be riding the waves Hawaii style either.
Fake your way to beach waves
What you need
- Hair straightener
- Sea salt spray
- Wash your hair, apply mousse and roughly blowdry your hair upside down.
- Separate your hair into four sections. Make one section either side of your head, and two sections at the back.
- Braid (plait) each section. Stretch your braids to make them loose. This will create softer waves.
- Take your hair straightener and lightly press down on your braids to set them.
- Let your braids cool and then undo the braids. Run your fingers through to break up the waves.
- Spritz a little sea salt spray through the midlengths of your hair to add that final beachy texture to your hair.
Style Tip: If you want to try a no-heat version of this style, you can braid your hair before bed and let your hair down in the morning for a similar effect.
Channel your inner mermaid and wear these perfectly imperfect waves that will make you feel like you’re on the beach any time of year.